Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Semi-homemade pineapple cupackes



Stop by Tasty Tuesday at A Beautiful Mess for this recipe and some wonderful other recipes...and share your favorites too.

At times I am lazy when it comes to baking...I know I am not the only one - so take a look.

I made these for Brady's family Sponge Bob birthday party...and they made a HUGE hit.

What you need
Butter cake mix (whatever brand is you favorite)

Butter and eggs for the cake mix

Crushed pineapple

Store bought (or home made) cream cheese frosting

Food coloring

How to prepare
I take a box butter cake mix and prepare based on the box directions, except I replace some of the water with the juice from the crushed pineapple

Fill the cupcake tin about 1/2 of the way

Put a small amount of the crushed pineapple in the middle (the amount you want to include will be based on you taste)

Top off with batter

Cook following box directions (usually about 20 minutes)

Once cupcakes are cooked and cooled, split the cream cheese frosting into a few containers...add a couple of drops of food coloring and mix

and then frost

These are so simple - and alternatively you can add the pineapple right into the batter if you don't want to take the extra step to layer into the cupcake tin.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing. I totally forgot to put my meme button up. Oops. Thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails