Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My little trouble maker

You would think that 8 months old would be too young to begin harassing a 5 year old, but you would be wrong. My little man is already causing the 5 year old grief and he can't walk or even crawl yet. I see trouble in our near furture.

In the last two weeks we have already has a couple of encounters.

Last week my husband had both boys in the car and they both fell asleep. The older one was sleeping with his head on the baby's (backwards facing seat)....the baby wakes up and starts kicking the older guy in the head - until he wakes up crying. Obviously he wasn't kicking him very hard (he is only 8 months old) but I think the older guy was more startled than anything else - to wake up to that. My husband tried to explain to the 5 year old that his brother is a baby and doesn't know any better and it helped a bit, but he was so upset that his brother woke him up by kicking him repeatedly in the head.

Then, over the weekend, the baby was in the walker (yes we use one - no our peditrician does not recommend them) which he has now learned how to get out of the living room and down the hallway into his brother's room. Well our older guy was going in his room to play and the baby kept following him in the walker. Well, after a few times back and forth between the bedroom and the living room we hear the older one yell "mom, dad - Ethan blocked me in my room." The baby was standing in the doorway to the bedroom in the walker. Obviously since he was in the walker our older guy could have just moved him out of the way. But to have an 8month already chasing the older one around makes me think that will definately be giving his brother trouble in the future.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. When my youngest started crawling a few months back, it really annoyed my oldest son (2yrs) that he could get into his stuff. He has gotten a lot better about it recently though. Those little brothers can be so pesky!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails