Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Poor Baby, he just can't figure out the crawling thing



He is so close, but he just can't figure it out. He gets up on his hands and knees and will move his legs, but he just can't figure out how to get the arms and legs working together. Poor little man is getting frustrated too - he really want's to be able to chase after his big brother.

I feel absolutely fine about the fact that he isn't crawling (and I am sure my husband does too since he is at home with the boys)....Isn't it funny how your are always in a rush for your first baby to do things but by baby number two you know that it just means more running for you and it is ok that they aren't mobile. My husband and I know how much trouble we are in once this little guy is crawling and walking (he is already harrassing his brother - yes at 8 months old he is already starting to drive his brother crazy) and we are just fine with the fact that he sits in one place (most of the time) and when he rolls he can get where he is going but at least it is at a little bit of a slower pace than they crawling/walking.

Last night when we were playing on the floor he climbed up me to stand so that will be here before we know it too. He wants to stand, he wants to be able to chase after his brother - so I am sure shortly after starting to crawl he will be on his feet too.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to know Sugar Plum isn't the only one not crawling yet! She does her army crawl around the house and will occasionally get up onto her hands and knees but then collapses back down onto her belly. She has finally figured out how to sit up and today started trying to pull up a bit using the couch. I'm scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly Ethan and it makes sense since they are the same age...he can sit himself up, he can get up on his hands and knees, he try's to crawl but usually scoots around on his belly.

    I am sure they will both be moving around in no time - then the FUN begins

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will learn! I agree though that by the second you just want them to hurry up and slow down. Two to chase is a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fine with it...he will learn in time - if he didn't seem so frustrated it wouldn't bother me one bit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails