Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Cupcake Adventure - Week 4

 

We actually decided to pass on making the cupcakes this week for one reason, I ate too many other desserts and wanted to be able to button my pants today.  I brought the 5 year old to friendly's on Friday night, we had Rita's custard on Saturday and had more Rita's ice on Sunday (because it is free and really, who can turn down free desserts).

 

The 5 year old and I did get a bit of cupcake inspiration for the future though.  My husband picked up some of those mini desserts from Starbucks (whoops, did I forget to mention that above - they are tiny so they don't count...right???) on Friday afternoon and we tried the mini red velvet whoopie pies.  The 5 year old loved them and we started talking about making sandwich cupcakes. 

 

I love the idea of a mini cupcake (or a regular size one) cut in half with the frosting layered in between.  Red velvet is a perfect example too because you have the white cream cheese frosting against the deep red cake.  But why stop there, why not cut a chocolate cupcake and fill with a peanut butter or an Oreo frosting or cut a white cake and use a whipped cream frosting and fresh fruit to mimic a shortcake.  I am so excited to start creating them.

 

The creating will have to be put on hold for a couple of weeks, because my husbands birthday is next Sunday and he has already requested pineapple upside down cake (I am currently trying to decide between a full cake, cupcakes or using my perfect brownie pan to make mini cakes).

 

Check back next week to see which pineapple upside down cake I decided to go with.

1 comment:

  1. New gfc follower. If you get a chance visit my blog at www.mommywantstoread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails