Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Cupcake Adventure - Week 5

Sunday was my husbands birthday so he choose what cupcakes were on the menu...thats only fair right??? He decided that he wanted pineapple cake with coconut cream cheese frosting. The first time I made the was a little less than a year ago. I made the pineapple cupcakes to go with the sponge bob cake that my husband made for the 5 year olds birthday party (sponge bob live in a pineapple - get where I was going with that???
They were a huge hit and super easy. They have been a favorite in our house ever since. The first time I made the I used a Butter Cake (box cake mix) and it was amazing...horrible for you but really good. I simply filled the cupcake tin 1/3 of the way layered the crushed pineapples and the layered on some more cake batter. Then I made a normal cream frosting and simply mixed the coconut in at the end.
This weekend I made a white cake and once the batter was just about done I added the pineapple in and let in continue mixing for another minute to disburse the pineapple throughout the batter.
The 5 year old wanted to make a cake so using the same recipe we made a small round cake, cupcakes and sandwich cupcakes (cut in half and layered with crushed pineapple ans coconut cream cheese frosting in the middle. They were just as good as I hoped they would be...these cupcakes will continue to be a favorite in our house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails